The North Bow Community Facility Board (the "Board") was formed in 2003 to lead the development of recreation facilities in the Bow North Recreation Area. The Board is made up of devoted volunteering community members who represent other community service groups in the area. In 2006, a 45-acre site was purchased in conjunction with community partners; Rocky View County and Rocky View School Division. This purchase was possible with generous donations from corporate sponsors and grant funding from the Province of Alberta and Rocky View County. This parcel of land will be the future home of Langdon's high school, a recreation centre, and various outdoor playing surfaces; being named the Langdon Community Campus. Today the project continues to move forward under the Joint Use Langdon Facility Planning Committee which consists of members of the North Bow Community Facility Board, Rocky View County and Rocky View School Division. We thank you for taking the time to browse our website! We appreciate all the support received to date from the community and local businesses. Your interest and involvement is very important to the success of the Langdon Community Campus.
The North Bow Community Facility Board is a dedicated group of volunteers committed to the development of a long term sustainable community facility and recreation areas predominantly in Langdon and the surrounding areas.
- The multiuse facility will provide the community with structured and unstructured activities.
- The multiuse facility will be accessible to the community by providing flexible hours of operation, ample parking, various services, etc.
- The multiuse facility will provide cross-functional and family oriented services and programs.
- The multiuse facility will serve as a community meeting place; creating a socially interactive culture.
- The multiuse facility will encourage healthy lifestyles for all ages.
- The multiuse facility will compliment existing facilities within the Bow North Recreation District.
- The multiuse facility will embrace community growth and change.